Our Unique ProcessRequest A Proposal
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average timeline for a set of plans?
These are typical timelines that we try to keep, these are our goals! Holidays or current workload demand may modify these dates slightly. Sometimes we have an influx of clients or revisions all in the same week, this may cause our times during that week or two to be extended.
- Rough Drafts (Schematic Design): 2-3 weeks for the first round
- First Drafts (Design Development): 1.5-2 weeks
- Pre-Finals (Design Development P2): 1.5-2 weeks
- Finals (Construction Drawings): 1.5-2 weeks
Multiple revisions on current drafts are typically issued in 1-1.5 weeks.
What is the process for a full set of plans?
For our full process check out our detailed start to finish process.
We break up the plans into four main drafts. Each phase comes with revisions.
- Rough Drafts (Schematic Design): Rough floorplan layout and designs. Sometimes this could be sketches or photo merged clippings from other plans.
- First Drafts (Design Development): 80% complete floorplans & Rough Elevations
- Pre-Finals (Design Development P2): Finished Floorplans & Elevations and any added sheets you may need (siteplan, electrical, etc.)
- Finals (Construction Drawings): Where we check "redline" our drawings to minimize any possible errors in construction and thoroughly review the plans for any missing final holes.
We have a unique package/pricing model for plans, a la carte. You begin with the base package and add additional sheets you or your contractor may need to complete your build!
Do you design home renovation and/or additions floorplans?
Online — We can schedule an online Zoom meeting to discuss your project. We will review any photos and sketches of your ideas. Once we understand the project, we will email you a cost proposal.
In-person — We can schedule an in-person meeting onsite to discuss the project and review the ideas. This option requires an additional consultation cost which will be credited back to the project as soon as the project proposal is accepted, and contract signed.
We live outside of Louisiana. Do you offer stamped plans for out-of-state projects?
We do not stamp other plans for approval/submittal.